new milestone: Port Binaries

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Apr 3 17:49:22 PDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 18:30, Rainer Müller wrote:

> On 2009-03-30 22:07, Darren Weber wrote:
>> How about a new milestone for trac: binary distributions?  I guess
>> most
>> of this would focus on mpab and adaptations to port to enable binary
>> installations.
>
> Nobody objected, so I created the new milestone.

Do we really feel this is an appropriate use of a milestone? I was on
the fence about it so I didn't say anything, hoping someone else
would chime in. It seems to me that any software issues like mpab and
any base modifications would go in the MacPorts ${version}
milestones, and any server-related issues would go in the ... well,
the nonexistent servers milestone. Whenever I have a servers issue, I
use the server/hosting component and leave the milestone blank. :-/
Which is probably fine; not everything needs a milestone...

> PS:
> Should really look into getting <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/
> 14909>
> resolved...

Interesting. I hadn't seen that ticket before.