Macports and Python25 problem in KDE install

John B fishfan at nyc.rr.com
Sat Apr 4 08:25:23 PDT 2009

I have been trying to install kde 3. I keep getting an error when it
gets to the python build. Python is installed I see it in my
applications/mac ports directory. For some reason I don't understand it
says it is unregistered? Here is the error output:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
/Applications/MacPorts/MacPython 2.5/Build
Applet.app/Contents/Info.plist already exists and does not belong to a
registered port.  Unable to activate port python25.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase3 kdelibs3
unsermake py25-zlib python25 libusb kdenetwork3 openslp kdepim3 gpgme
gnupg libgpg-error pth kdeaccessibility3 opensync py25-gobject
py25-numeric sqlite3 swig bison gsed php5 apache2 apr apr-util db46
autoconf213 gawk curl libmcrypt mhash python_select ruby kdeutils3

Any help apreciated.

John