GLew for MAC

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 23:53:50 PDT 2009

I also tried to compile libGLEW universally, both via MacPorts and outside
macports. The make files and configures scripts are so old that they do not
allow to build a universal dylib on OSX. It doesn't even allow you to just
cross-compile libglew dynamically without lot's of patching in the make
files. I am on intel but managed to compile it for PPC and then got
segfaults in the ppc part, so I abandoned it.
In the end I just sticked to the static universal libGLEW. That compilation
worked on both MacPorts 1.6, 1.7 and 1.7svn on both Tiger and Leopard.

Harry