installing mysql/apache 2/gd library on os x 10.5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 6 02:34:13 PDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 19:53, Emrys Hughes wrote:

> I have the latest version of macports and run selfupdate, and all
> the xcode tools installed.

Just to make sure you really do have the latest: Which version of
MacPorts, Xcode, and Mac OS X? And on what computer?

> I am trying to install the gd library and failing as follows:
>
> sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5 +server
> Password:
> --->  Building mysql5
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_datab
> ases_mysql5/work/mysql-5.0.77" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output:       _new_VioSSLFd in libvio.a(viosslfactories.o)
>   "_EVP_BytesToKey", referenced from:
>       Item_func_des_encrypt::val_str(String*)      in item_strfunc.o
>       Item_func_des_decrypt::val_str(String*)      in item_strfunc.o
>       load_des_key_file(char const*)in des_key_file.o
>   "_BN_bin2bn", referenced from:
>       _new_VioSSLFd in libvio.a(viosslfactories.o)
>       _new_VioSSLFd in libvio.a(viosslfactories.o)
>   "_SSL_get_verify_depth", referenced from:
>       show_status_array(THD*, char const*, show_var_st*,
> enum_var_type, system_status_var*, char const*, st_table*)in
> sql_show.o
>   "_CRYPTO_set_id_callback", referenced from:
>       init_common_variables(char const*, int, char**, char const**)
> in mysqld.o
>   "_SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file", referenced from:
>       _new_VioSSLFd in libvio.a(viosslfactories.o)
>   "_SSL_CIPHER_get_name", referenced from:
>       acl_getroot(THD*, user_resources*, char const*, unsigned int)
> in sql_acl.o
>       acl_getroot(THD*, user_resources*, char const*, unsigned int)
> in sql_acl.o
>       show_status_array(THD*, char const*, show_var_st*,
> enum_var_type, system_status_var*, char const*, st_table*)in
> sql_show.o
>       _mysql_get_ssl_cipher in client.o
>   "_SSL_set_quiet_shutdown", referenced from:
>       _vio_ssl_close in libvio.a(viossl.o)
>   "_X509_STORE_CTX_get_current_cert", referenced from:
>       _vio_verify_callback in libvio.a(viosslfactories.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found

This is new to me.

Which version of openssl is installed ("port installed openssl")?
openssl was briefly updated to 1.0.0-beta1 but because it caused
problems in many cases this update was reverted. If you have openssl
1.0.0-beta1 installed, please update your ports definitions ("sudo
port sync") and then upgrade openssl ("sudo port -u upgrade openssl")
which should downgrade you back to version 0.9.8k. Then clean mysql5
("sudo port clean mysql5") and try your original command again.