nss build error

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 7 21:18:15 PDT 2009

Hello,
	Jeremy Huddleston had me run:

		sudo port -v -f uninstall nss
		sudo port -v clean nss
		sudo port -v install nss

which worked.  I was a little leery of this sequence because if it
did not work, I would be left without an nss.  The result of that is
on hold because I included a copy of the verbiage output which hung
the posting at MacPorts bounce for administrative review.  Jeremy was
the primary recipient and MacPorts the cc.  Maybe he will forward a
post of the body without the attachment to MacPorts.

On Apr 7, 2009, at 8:28 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2009, at 20:57, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
>
>>> There isn't any /opt/local/lib/libnspr4.dylib anymore; it's now /
>>> opt/local/lib/nspr/libnspr4.dylib. That's what the latest update
>>> to nspr in r49079 did. So now all ports that use nspr have to be
>>> updated to use nspr from that new location. For nss this should
>>> have been fixed in r49081, which added the parameter
>>> NSPR_LIB_DIR=/opt/local/lib/nspr. But I see from your output
>>> above that you already have this update. Can you clean and try
>>> again with the -d flag and show us the full output?
>
> From your output:
>
>> ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/lib/
>> libplc4.dylib referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libnss3.dylib
>> (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
>> directory, errno = 2)
>> ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/lib/
>> libplds4.dylib referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libnss3.dylib
>> (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
>> directory, errno = 2)
>> ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/lib/
>> libnspr4.dylib referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libnss3.dylib
>> (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
>> directory, errno = 2)
>

> When building the nss port, it should not be trying to use /opt/
> local/lib/libnss3.dylib. This could be yet another case of:
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2009-April/
> 008148.html
>
> We need to solve that.
>
> In the mean time, you should be able to work around the problem by
> first deactivating your existing nss port, then cleaning the nss
> port and installing it again.

Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net