totem-pl-parser not upgrading from 2.22.3_0 to 2.24.4_0

David Evans devans at macports.org
Thu Apr 9 07:37:20 PDT 2009

>> /opt/local/lib/nss/libssl3.dylib is provided by port nss
>>
> I do have port  nss @3.12_1 (active) installed on my system.
> In /opt/local/lib/nss/ there is an entry: libssl3.dylib created on 3
> April 09
>
> Does that make it any clearer?
>
> Thanks
>
> David Rowe

totem-pl-parser depends on evolution-data-server
evolution-data-server depends on nss

so the -lssl3 is probably coming via pkg-config from
evolution-data-server but I see no  -L/opt/local/lib/nss to allow it to
find the library

nss was changed 4/3/2009 r49081 to move the libraries from nss from
/opt/local/lib to /opt/local/lib/nss

so I'm guessing that if you haven't rebuilt evolution-data-server since
nss was last updated then it could be providing the old pkg-config
information instead of the new.

if you think this is the case then try rebuilding evolution-data-server

sudo port -fn upgrade  evolution-data-server

and see if this fixes the problem