firefox-x11 does not install

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 14:30:05 PDT 2009

Hello,
	The problem thus far is not firefox-x11; but, the failure to install
two of its dependencies, namely:  heimal and libcanberra.  Heimal
already has a ticket (17857) to which I posted a possible patch I
found on the internet.  I do not know enough about MacPorts to test
the viability of the patch or to use the patch as a work around.
Libcanberra fails because a dependency has not been installed,
namely: libvorbis:

c-76-121-207-181:~ frank$ sudo port install libcanberra
--->  Configuring libcanberra
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_audio_l
ibcanberra/work/libcanberra-0.10" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local
--enable-gtk " returned error 1
Command output: checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for ALSA... no
checking soundcard.h usability... no
checking soundcard.h presence... no
checking for soundcard.h... no
checking sys/soundcard.h usability... no
checking sys/soundcard.h presence... no
checking for sys/soundcard.h... no
checking machine/soundcard.h usability... no
checking machine/soundcard.h presence... no
checking for machine/soundcard.h... no
checking for PULSE... no
checking for GST... yes
checking for GTK... yes
checking for gconftool-2... /opt/local/bin/gconftool-2
Using config source xml:merged:/opt/local/etc/gconf/
gconf.xml.defaults for schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
checking for TDB... no
checking for lynx... yes
checking for VORBIS... configure: error: Package requirements
( vorbisfile ) were not met:

No package 'vorbisfile' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables VORBIS_CFLAGS
and VORBIS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

The work around to this problem was to:

	 sudo port install libvorbis

before:

	sudo port install libcanberra.

I did not find a ticket to upgrade the port about the dependency
omission.  Is one needed to get this fixed?
Frank J. R. Hanstick
trog24 at comcast.net