Trying to build Amarok in KDE 4: Subversion check-out failed

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Apr 11 03:07:20 PDT 2009

Gregory Dodwell wrote:
> sudo port install amarok
> Password:
> --->  Fetching taglib-devel
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: Subversion check out failed
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: taglib-devel
>

> Same error if I try to install taglib-devel seperately

You probably run into the untrusted Subversion certificate issue. The
source directory contains a definition to an external which uses HTTP
over SSL (HTTPS). The certificate they use for this server is not issed
by a authority you trust by default. As svn is run in non-interactive
mode for checkout, it will reject the certificate in this case.

So in short, the workaround is:
Run `svn ls https://svn.kde.org` and trust the certificate permanently.
I am not sure if they publish the expected fingerprint somewhere on
their website, you might want to verify that.

On a side note, Subversion 1.6 has a new option --trust-server-cert
which allows to just accept an unknown SSL certificate in
non-interactive mode. This might be a solution as we do not really need
a verified connection for anonymous checkouts. But it would mean we need
to use MacPorts Subversion for checkouts.

Rainer