Gimp 2.6 & Pango 1.8 : no font rendering

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 14 16:16:47 PDT 2009

On Apr 13, 2009, at 22:45, David Evans wrote:

> I suspect that a  number of the reports of GOffice and other apps
> not working correctly no_x11/quartz is due to the same problem of
> mixing X11
> and no_x11 in the same instance of MacPorts -- not realistic to
> think that you can do this and have the right selection of ports/
> variants
> active at any given point in time.

Probably true. The other point is that some users may not be
intending to mix and match, yet may not realize that by the time they
choose to use quartz and no_x11 they may already have ports installed
for which that choice should have been made. Hence, the
recommendation is that you must make the choice to use quartz and
no_x11 before you have installed any ports, and if you have installed
any ports, you should remove them, then set the default variants, or
else as David said, install a new MacPorts to a new prefix where you
set the default variants and then install your ports.