dyld error installing Macports

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Thu Apr 16 13:19:27 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 02:35:43PM -0500, Parker H. Lockhart said:

> After running the package  installer, and then trying to run any port
> command I get:
>
> sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _Tcl_Main
>   Referenced from: /usr/bin/tclsh
>   Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Tcl
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _Tcl_Main
>   Referenced from: /usr/bin/tclsh
>   Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Tcl
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

Does /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Tcl exist?  It
should be part of a standard Mac OS X install.  If it does, do you have any
DYLD environment variables set?

$ env |grep DYLD

If so those can really mess with things in unexpected ways, and really
shouldn't be used except in certain testing situations.

Bryan