how-to delete a registry entry?

Darren Weber dweber at macports.org
Fri Apr 17 11:04:50 PDT 2009

I made the stupid mistake of removing some registry (ie, receipt) files, so
now I get

[ me at XXX ~/ports ]$ port installed
Error: port installed failed: list must have an even number of elements
No ports are installed.

I ran a few port uninstall commands and then checked that the ports were not
installed, but

port installed | grep <portname>

continued to indicate that the ports were installed (see my other list post
on that topic).  I should like 'port installed' to indicate that a port is
no longer installed after running 'port uninstall <port>'.  So I started to
read up on how to remove the receipts using the API somehow, but I couldn't
do that and I did just removed the files.  Lesson learned, but now it needs
to be fixed - how can I regenerate the registry?

FYI:

[ me at XXX ~/ports ]$ port -d installed
DEBUG: list must have an even number of elements
    while executing
"array set receipt_$ref $receipt_contents"
    (procedure "receipt_flat::open_entry" line 84)
    invoked from within
"${macports::registry.format}::open_entry $name $version $revision
$variants"
    (procedure "open_entry" line 4)
    invoked from within
"open_entry $iname $iversion $irevision $ivariants"
    (procedure "registry::installed" line 13)
    invoked from within
"registry::installed"