port upgrade outdated

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Apr 26 08:59:36 PDT 2009

Thomas De Contes wrote:
> --->  Staging atk into destroot
> [...]
> /bin/sh: line 1: gtkdoc-rebase: command not found
> make[2]: *** [install-data-local] Error 127
> make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

> --->  Staging pango into destroot
> [...]
> /bin/sh: line 1: gtkdoc-rebase: command not found
> make[3]: *** [install-data-local] Error 127
> make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Could be a missing dependency on gtk-doc in both cases.

> --->  Activating xorg-renderproto @0.9.3_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Users/
> thomas/Documents/prgm/bin/autoinstall/macports/include/X11/extensions/
> render.h is being used by the active render port.  Please deactivate
> this port first, or use 'port -f activate xorg-renderproto' to force
> the activation.
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: xorg-renderproto
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

render has been replaced by xorg-rendrproto. render has been a dummy
port for a long time and was removed afterwards. Probably you did not
upgrade in a long time and thus running into this problem.

  sudo port -f uninstall render
  sudo port -v install xorg-renderproto

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18937

> --->  Fetching scrollkeeper
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned:
>
> scrollkeeper is superseded by port rarian; use that port instead
>
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>

> for this one, it would be nice if MacPorts was able to uninstall it
> properly itself

No, we are currently not able to decide if it is safe to uninstall this
port. Be assured if there would have been a better way to replace a
port, it would have been used :-)

Rainer