How best to handle ruby gems

Grant Heaslip grant at heaslip.ca
Thu Apr 30 08:00:29 PDT 2009

The impression I have from that and other sources is that, for better or
worse, using gem to install gems is really the way to go. I'm not sure how
feasible this is (I get the impression that this isn't somewhere they want
to go), but it would be great if port could manage gem installations (though
the gem repository, not the sparse and outdated port repository) so that
users would only have to deal with one package manager.