-universal versus universal_variant no

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Aug 1 10:50:04 PDT 2009

Having "+universal" in your variants set should not affect ports with
"uniersal_variant no" in them.  In other words, they should ignore
that variant.

I thought that this was resolved a month or two ago, but that doesn't
seem to be the case.

wine-devel is marked "uniersal variant no", but somehow "-arch x86_64"
is creeping into CFLAGS.

I even tried:
     configure.cflags-delete "-arch x86_64"
     configure.cxxflags-delete "-arch x86_64"
     configure.ldflags-delete "-arch x86_64"
     configure.cc-delete "-arch x86_64"

but that is not preventing the problem.  the configure script is
continuing to set that -arch flag even though it is not desired (from
configure.log):

/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -m32 -c -O2 -arch x86_64 -I/opt/local/include
conftest.c >&5

It is not setting the other archs, just the primary arch:

$ grep univ /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf
universal_archs			x86_64 i386 ppc