cpanp error

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Aug 5 12:10:31 PDT 2009

On Aug 5, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Shawn Protsman wrote:
> /opt/local/bin/cpanp is not provided by a MacPorts port.
>
> Rather odd that cpanplus is not showing as being registered with any
> macport.

It just means that you installed it (without using macports). From the
looks of it, you built it against perl5.8 but it's not working
correctly.

> I wonder if I should blow away perl5.10 and reinstall?

I would recommend not using both perl5.8 and perl5.10 at the same time
(just use the latest - perl 5.10 unless you have some reason to use
5.8 instead).

One other thing to note is that if possible, you probably want to
install your perl modules using macports instead of using cpan directly.

--
Daniel J. Luke