install cpanplus module fails with macports perl5.8.9

Shawn Protsman protsman at mac.com
Wed Aug 5 16:57:44 PDT 2009

cpanp-5.10 (cpanplus) installs with perl5.10 and I like it a lot.
Because of dependencies with some macports pkgs I also have perl5.8.9
installed. So, I've been attempting to get the CPANPLUS module
installed with perl5.8.9. To my despair it will not install. Module
prerequisite after module prerequisite fails.

I then did an 'su' to another user that has no macports path
information set up. Ran Apple's cpan (perl5.8.8) and installed
CPANPLUS without any errors.

Am I alone in this endeavor? I'm about to give up on this but now that
I've been sucked in I want to get it resolved. I have the output of
both in text files if anyone wants to see the diff.

--Shawn