About PHP 5.3 and PostgreSQL 8.4.0

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 8 23:25:46 PDT 2009

On Aug 8, 2009, at 23:26, Chang James wrote:

> I have another question, does the sqlite vairant in php5 could also
> be ignored? because there is php5-sqlite and php5-sqlite3 in macport?

Yes, you can ignore the +sqlite variant in the php5 port. What was
there is now in the php5-sqlite port. The variant will be removed
from the php5 port shortly.

> And what is the different between php5-sqlite and php5-sqlite3?(I
> cannot find any notice in these ports :<)

php5-sqlite installs the sqlite.so and pdo_solite.so extensions,
whose functions are described here:

http://php.net/sqlite

And here:

http://php.net/pdo_sqlite

php5-sqlite3 is supposed to install the sqlite3.so extension, whose
functions are described here:

http://php.net/sqlite3

But it's currently broken, and my plan is to delete the php5-sqlite3
port and merge its functionality into the php5-sqlite port:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20458