strange issue with bash-completion and .ssh/config host entries

Panagiotis Atmatzidis atma at convalesco.org
Tue Aug 11 22:45:31 PDT 2009

Greetings,

Isn't a better to use /etc/hosts for pointing hostnames to specific?
imho it's better for two reasons:

1) it's system wide and it's the standard procedure
2) you don't get this kind of issues in specific program updgrades
that require hostnames resolv

I even use dnsmasq configured on my LAN to avoid this kind of fuzz.

regards