openjdk6 install error

Brandon Allbery allbery at kf8nh.com
Thu Aug 13 10:25:55 PDT 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:58 , Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> Hello,
> 	Does this mean that the bootstrap is compiled on something other
> than gcc?  That does not make a lot of sense if it can be compiled
> for MacOS 10.4.
>
> On Aug 13, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> On Aug 13, 2009, at 11:58 , Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> 	Is the source available for compiling on a G4?
>>

>> I would guess the bootstrap compiler would itself need to be
>> bootstrapped, so source won't help.

It's built with itself; you need a version of openjdk installed to
build openjdk.  Some early version didn't require that, but even if
you could find that version it might not be able to build current
openjdk, so to boot from scratch you might need to go through several
versions.  (ghc has similar issues, although it also has a special
bootstrapping mode.)

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu