Trouble with sshfs, caused by macfuse

Damien Clauzel Damien at Clauzel.nom.fr
Fri Aug 14 14:21:43 PDT 2009

Le 14 août 09 à 23:08, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> Hmm. And I suppose Google Desktop can't use the MacFUSE installed by
> MacPorts? Or is that only because the version of MacFUSE in MacPorts
> is 1.7 and not 2.x? If so, the version of MacFUSE in MacPorts should
> be updated, and we do have a ticket for that request:
I would prefer a safer solution : the installation of the module in /
Library/Filesystems/ should only be done if the user ask for it. Maybe
with a variant like "+install_module".

So a user could still install and activate macfuse as a dependance for
sshfs, but it would only mess with /Library/Filesystems if the user
choose so.

Damien