[Fwd: Re: A different openjdk6 install problem]

David Rowe drowe at roden.myzen.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 07:36:16 PDT 2009

Joshua Root wrote
>> bash-3.2# port install -d openjdk6
>>

> This isn't enabling debug output. The -d needs to go before the other
> arguments.

OK  - thanks. I thought the console transcript seemed a bit short.
>> ../../../src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_GraphicsEnv.c: In function
>> 'J2DXErrHandler':
>> ../../../src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_GraphicsEnv.c:966: error:
>> 'X_ShmAttach' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>

> This is defined in /opt/local/include/X11/extensions/shmproto.h, which
> is provided by xorg-xextproto, which is in openjdk6's dependency tree.
> Double check that it's installed and active.

'port installed' shows:

. . . .
 xorg-xextproto @7.0.5_0
 xorg-xextproto @7.1.0_0 (active)
. . . .

which should be OK(?).

I have now run 'port -d install openjdk6'. It still crashes.
I have forwarded the full console text direct to Joshua - but
'MacPorts-Users' doesn't want to accept it as it is a bit long (~400kb).
If anyone needs to see it, contact me direct and I will forward it.

Thanks for your help

David Rowe.