Installing on OS X Leopard - Build Error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 18 14:48:17 PDT 2009

On Aug 18, 2009, at 15:34, Lenore Horner wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2009, at 15:02 , Lenore Horner wrote:
>
>> On Aug 18, 2009, at 14:31 , Christopher Stamper wrote:
>>
>>> The version of gnutls you have installed is old; I've got 2.8.3.
>>> I read somewhere that the whole libgnutls-config thing got
>>> depriciated since then, so that could explain why I don't have it.
>>
>> Hmm.  Macports would update me only to 2.8.2.  Maybe I don't want
>> to do that!  Is your gnutls from outside MacPorts?  Although if it
>> were, MP should have installed its own for gwenhywvar.

MacPorts gnutls was updated to 2.8.3 on August 14. To get it, if you
want it, "sudo port sync" and then "sudo port upgrade gnutls".

> Possibly the following is relevant for some package maintainer to
> implement (AFAIK gnucash is maintainerless)

[snip]

> The package's ./configure script is trying to invoke libgnutls-
> config and/or libgnutls-extra-config to search for the gnutls
> library. Newer version of gnutls do not ship these scripts anymore.
> Please use another way to search for the gnutls library, e.g. pkg-
> config or AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS or AC_CHECK_FUNCS.

[snip]

> Gwenhywfar seems to be up to 3.10, but Macports is only up to 3.7.
> This is also no maintainer, so hopefully one of the maintainer
> geniuses can upgrade this easily.

I agree that pkg-config should be used instead. According to the
Gwenhywfar ChangeLog, this was fixed in verison 3.8.2. So all we
should need to do is update the port.

We already have a ticket covering this bug:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20680