Bug in trace prevents installation of xorg-server

Berni McCoy berni.mccoy at mac.com
Wed Aug 19 07:07:33 PDT 2009

I've searched the wiki for a related article, but I could not find
one, so I'm submitting this to the mailing list.

I recently have been using macports to experiment with xorg-server.
On a clean system (10.5.7), I ran

sudo port install -v -t xorg-server

It would fail during aclocal, saying vorbis.m4 could not be found, but
indeed the file was there.

I typicall run -v and -t together as I am interested in warnings and
diagnostics I should be aware of.  After much resyncing and rebuilding
of dependent pieces, I still could not install.

It was only after I accidently took off the -t switch that it
installed and built correctly.  I had installed every package xorg
depends on prior to this, so I am not certain if this is xorg specific
or if it is indeed a trace issue.

Regards,

Berni McCoy