Installing python packages using MacPorts

Tatiana Al-Chueyr tatiana.alchueyr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:25:41 PDT 2009

How do I set MacPorts so it installs packages on another instance of python?
E.g.: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python

I'm interested on using MacPython (python.org) and not MacPorts' python.

The documentation mentions "configure.python", but I didn't figure out in
which file this should be inserted. Should I use python_select? How..?

Thanks in advance!

Tatiana

[1] http://guide.macports.org/