Subversion check out failed

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 23 00:20:01 PDT 2009

Hello,
	In looking at the Etoile Portfile, I found the following svn command:

		svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/etoile/stable/Etoile.

	In looking at http://etoileos.com/downloads, I found the following
recommended command:

		svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/etoile/stable Etoile

However, while changing the command solved the fetch error,
attempting to install Etoile resulted in the following new erroe:

--->  Applying patches to Etoile
Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnustep
_Etoile/work/Etoile" && patch -p0 < '/opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/gnustep/Etoile/files/patch-
etoile.make'" returned error 1
Command output: can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- etoile.make.orig   2007-04-30 01:07:49.000000000 -0400
|+++ etoile.make        2007-05-07 12:09:15.000000000 -0400
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: GNUMail Etoile
Pantomime PRICE TalkSoup netclasses Yap.app ImageMagick a2ps psutils
gworkspace system-preferences PreferencePanes windowmaker xpm

	There may be a newer stabe Etoile which either needs a different
patch set or no patches at all.  This is beyond my capabilities.

On Aug 22, 2009, at 7:58 PM, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> Hello,
> 	The following error occurred when installing gnustep:
>
> --->  Fetching Etoile
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: Subversion check out failed
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: GNUMail Etoile
> Pantomime PRICE TalkSoup netclasses Yap.app ImageMagick a2ps
> psutils gworkspace system-preferences PreferencePanes windowmaker
> giflib xpm
>
> 	The following error occurred when installing etoile directly:
>
> --->  Fetching Etoile
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: Subversion check out failed
>
> 	Is there a problem with Etoile?
> Frank J. R. Hanstick
> trog24 at comcast.net

Frank J. R. Hanstick