Problem installing tk 8.5.6 on Tiger

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 23 23:45:32 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 00:32, Ivan Rambius Ivanov wrote:

> I am using MacPorts 1.710 on Tiger 10.4.11. I am trying to install tk
> 8.5.6 and I am getting the following error:
>
> $ sudo port install tk

[snip]

> error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

${prefix}/include/X11/Xlib.h is provided by xorg-libX11 which is a
dependency of xorg-libXext which is a dependency of xorg-
libXScrnSaver which is a dependency of tk so you should have this
file. Do you? Do you have the aforementioned ports installed and active?

P.S: For future reference, you can get the full output of the failure
from MacPorts, too, if you use the debug switch:

$ sudo port -d install tk