Problem with installing Gnumeric

damitr damitr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 23:51:54 PDT 2009

Hi

I tried to install gnumeric via this command:

$sudo port install gnumeric

half way through I get this error

Camarilla:~ amitdhakulkar$ sudo port install gnumeric
--->  Configuring libgnome
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_libgnome/work/libgnome-2.26.0"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 1
Command output: checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc-4.0
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of /usr/bin/gcc-4.0... gcc3
checking for intltool >= 0.40.0... ./configure: line 3843: intltool-update:
command not found
 found
configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.40.0 or
later.

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonoboui libgnome
libgnomeui gnome-keyring intltool libgcrypt libgpg-error libtasn1 py25-gtk
py25-cairo py25-numpy py25-nose py25-setuptools

I tried to upgrade intltool, by

$sudo port upgrade intltool

The command gives no error, but it does not make any difference, intltool
does not get upgraded.

I have macports 1.7, Mac OS X 10.5 on Intel.

regards

What TeX version are you using?
I am  3.141592...