custom build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 24 02:52:35 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 04:19, David Cake wrote:

> 	How do I use MacPorts to first download source ready to install,
> then make some custom changes, then build?
> 	My actual aim is to add a particular type of decoder to wireshark
> that doesn't appear to currently be included (though code exists),
> which I am reasonable sure requires building from source. So the
> code changes I want to make are unlikely to interact with anything
> else in the system.

If you would like to add this capability to the wireshark port, you
can use "port edit wireshark" to see the wireshark portfile in your
preferred editor, make the necessary changes, and then install the
port. If you would like to contribute these changes back to the
project, you can attach a diff of your changes to a ticket in the
issue tracker.