Problem with installing Gnumeric

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 25 01:26:19 PDT 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 02:05, damitr wrote:

> --->  Building libgnomeui
[snip]
> failed to load "./stock_attach.png": Couldn't recognize the image
> file format for file './stock_attach.png'

I see several occurrences of that error message when I search on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Couldn't+recognize+the+image+file
+format+for+file+'./stock_attach.png'

This one:

http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/build.shtml

suggests that you should rebuild gdk-pixbuf. Check with "port
installed" whether a similar situation exists here as did with gtk2
-- do you perhaps have an older version active? If so, deactivate it
and activate the newer one. If not, or if that doesn't help, try
rebuilding it:

$ sudo port -nf upgrade gdk-pixbuf

Then clean libgnomeui and try again:

$ sudo port clean libgnomeui