php5

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Aug 26 20:42:49 PDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2009, at 20:35, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> In order to get mysql to work, I had to change php.ini, which I am
>> using the production version of, to set a path for
>> mysql.default_socket
>>
>> /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysql.sock
>>
>> I did not have to alter php.ini prior to this, is this normal?  It
>> seems php wants to look in /tmp/mysql.sock, but something has
>> changed?
>
> I didn't notice because I have always had the socket defined in my
> php.ini.
>
> This may be this bug:
>
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45468

Looks like it.  So this is one of those wait for a fix to get rolled
out and in the mean time, just alter the .ini file?

Where do the defaults come form now if not defined at compile time?
My phpInfi() had all defaults as empty, then adding in a value, set
defaults and master values to the added in value.

Thanks.