php5

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Aug 27 13:29:24 PDT 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 12:17 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2009, at 22:42, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> This may be this bug:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45468
>>
>> Looks like it.  So this is one of those wait for a fix to get
>> rolled out and in the mean time, just alter the .ini file?
>
> Apparently.
>
>> Where do the defaults come form now if not defined at compile
>> time?  My phpInfi() had all defaults as empty, then adding in a
>> value, set defaults and master values to the added in value.
>
> According to the above bug report, the default socket for the mysql
> extension compiled with mysqlnd is "/tmp/mysql.sock".

I am not clear on where they are taking that bug report.  Are they
considering the default location to be acceptable?  I am going to
assume so, since there is no compile time path to set, it must be set
somewhere.

This makes the php install rougher on the ports user.  Either they
have to adjust the php.ini file, or adjust mysql.

Does Mac Ports have any suggested way of dealing with this?  I see the
1) Alter MySql to change the socket path to /tmp
2) Alter the .ini files in place to add in the correct socket path
3) Leave it as an exercise to the user