MacPorts 1.8.0 has been released

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Aug 28 09:28:46 PDT 2009

This port broke my system.  Good thing I had backups, so I could figure out
what went wrong.

    $ sudo port -v selfupdate
    [upgrade to 1.8.0]
    $ port outdated
    The following installed ports are outdated:
    libcanberra                    0.15_0 < 0.16_0
    $ sudo port -puv upgrade libcanberra
    ... warnings about skipping upgrades ...
    --->  Cleaning libcanberra
    --->  Removing build directory for libcanberra
    --->  Uninstalling libcanberra @0.15_0
    --->  Uninstall is removing libcanberra from the port registry.
    $ port outdated
    zsh: command not found: port

What the F.

Turns out the install is *removing* my /opt symlink, which
points at private/opt.

Why is the new installer removing my symlink?  That's none of its
business.