php-oracle workaround

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:26:36 PDT 2009

After installing the new Oracle PHP port, I was getting an error:

Warning: oci_connect() [function.oci-connect]: OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed.
There is something wrong with your system - please check that
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the directory with Oracle Instant Client
libraries in /Library/WebServer/Documents/Admin/getConnection.php on line 3

To get the new port running on my server, I had to add the following to
/opt/local/apache2/bin/envvars:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib/oracle
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

/opt/local/lib/oracle is the path to the Oracle Instant Client. Now it works
fine.

John Korchok