MacPorts 1.8.0

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Aug 28 14:42:33 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:06, William Davis<frstan at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> You need to type:
>
> sudo port upgrade outdated --enforce-variants

I'm just upgrading to 1.8 and my typical port upgrade process includes
an initial fetch.

port fetch outdated currently results in:
$ sudo port fetch outdated
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for libsigcxx2
Warning: Skipping upgrade since openssl 0.9.8k_0 >= openssl 0.9.8k_0,
even though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin". Use 'upgrade
--enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
Warning: Skipping upgrade since readline 6.0.000_1 >= readline
6.0.000_1, even though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin".
Use 'upgrade --enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
--->  Computing dependencies for mplayer-devel

The fetch action also doesn't take the --enforce-variants flag.
I presume that this won't be an issue as the version for these 2
haven't changed, but the error message could use some work for this
case.

Is this bug worthy, or purely informative and will be handled by the
actual "upgrade --enforce-variants outdated" anyway?

arno  s  hautala    /-\   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp eabb6fe6 d47c500f b2458f5d a7cc7abb f81c4e00