error compiling ffmpeg on Snow Leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 29 03:52:27 PDT 2009

On Aug 29, 2009, at 04:49, Artemio Gonzalez Lopez wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Aug 28, 2009, at 18:16, Artemio Gonzalez Lopez wrote:
>>
>>> "sudo port -vd upgrade ffmpeg" fails with the following weird
>>> error message on my Intel iMac running Snow Leopard:
>>
>> I see that a fix has already been committed for this. Please "sudo
>> port sync" and try again.
>
> Thanks for your help. I did as you said, and now it fails as follows:
>
> ERROR: libdirac not found
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
> latest
> version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem
> to the
> ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net
> .
> Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will
> help
> solving the problem.
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_multimedia_ffmpeg
> /work/ffmpeg-0.5" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-vhook
> --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --
> enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-
> libtheora --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --enable-
> libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --mandir=/
> opt/local/share/man --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --cc=/usr/bin/
> gcc-4.2 --arch=x86_64 " returned error 1
> Command output: ERROR: libdirac not found
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the
> latest
> version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem
> to the
> ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net
> .
> Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will
> help
> solving the problem.
>
> On the other hand, "port installed dirac" produces
>
> The following ports are currently installed:
>  dirac @1.0.2_0 (active)
>
> What gives???

Mac OS X 10.6.0 Snow Leopard and MacPorts 1.8.0 were just released
yesterday, and many of us are seeing these versions now for the first
time. It's inevitable that a small percentage of our over 6000 ports
will have problems with one or the other and will need to be tweaked.
Please bear with us over the coming weeks as we work to resolve these
issues. Please file tickets for problems you see (if that has not been
done already) and if you know how to fix them please let us know.

In this case, however, I did not have any problem building ffmpeg in a
clean MacPorts 1.8.0 install on Snow Leopard. Did you upgrade from
Leopard to Snow Leopard and are now trying to upgrade your ports or
install new ones? If so, you should be aware that you really must
install all new ports on Snow Leopard; you cannot use the ports you
installed with Leopard. See:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration