MacPorts 1.8.0

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 04:22:04 PDT 2009

On 29 Aug 2009, at 12:13, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2009, at 06:04, Mark Hattam wrote:
>
>> These were the two bursts of "skipping" ... first for MySQL5 then
>> for php5. I presume that when I upgrade Apache later on to 2.2.13
>> and if I'm careful to remember the --enforce-variants option, that
>> one will be solved.
>
> You do not need to remember to use the --enforce-variants option if
> an upgrade is already going to be occurring anyway (as it will for
> apache2). You would only use --enforce-variants if an upgrade would
> not otherwise occur, e.g. if the version you already have installed
> is the same as the version currently available, as in the below:
>

>> Warning: Skipping upgrade since openssl 0.9.8k_0 >= openssl
>> 0.9.8k_0, even though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin".
>> Use 'upgrade --enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
>> Warning: Skipping upgrade since readline 6.0.000_1 >= readline
>> 6.0.000_1, even though installed variants "" do not match
>> "+darwin". Use 'upgrade --enforce-variants' to switch to the
>> requested variants.
>> --->  Computing dependencies for mysql5
>>
>> Warning: Skipping upgrade since bzip2 1.0.5_2 >= bzip2 1.0.5_2,
>> even though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin". Use
>> 'upgrade --enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
>> Warning: Skipping upgrade since apache2 2.2.11_0 >= apache2
>> 2.2.11_0, even though installed variants "+darwin_9" do not match
>> "+darwin+darwin_9". Use 'upgrade --enforce-variants' to switch to
>> the requested variants.
>> --->  Computing dependencies for php5

Too late ..

iMac:~ mark$ sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants outdated
--->  Computing dependencies for readline
--->  Fetching readline
--->  Activating readline @6.0.000_1+darwin
--->  Cleaning readline
--->  Computing dependencies for openssl
--->  Fetching openssl
--->  Activating openssl @0.9.8k_0+darwin
--->  Cleaning openssl
--->  Computing dependencies for bzip2
--->  Fetching bzip2
--->  Activating bzip2 @1.0.5_2+darwin
--->  Cleaning bzip2
--->  Computing dependencies for apache2
--->  Fetching apache2
--->  Attempting to fetch httpd-2.2.13.tar.bz2 from http://archive.apache.org/dist/httpd
--->  Activating apache2 @2.2.13_0+darwin+darwin_9+preforkmpm
--->  Cleaning apache2

So it fetched (mostly locally) and (re)-built everything ...

But now I seem to not have a running (or accessible at least) MySQL
since last night probably ... phpMyAdmin complains that mysqli isn't
available.

Mark