MacPorts 1.8.0

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 05:02:28 PDT 2009

On 29 Aug 2009, at 12:49, Mark Hattam wrote:

> On 29 Aug 2009, at 12:28, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>

>> On Aug 29, 2009, at 06:22, Mark Hattam wrote:
>>
>>> But now I seem to not have a running (or accessible at least)
>>> MySQL since last night probably ... phpMyAdmin complains that
>>> mysqli isn't available.
>>

>> The mysql, mysqli and pdo_mysql modules are now in the php5-mysql
>> port. Did you install it?
>

> I just checked phpinfo() and only mysqlnd showed up, so I've already
> just done a
>
> sudo port install php5-mysql
>
> and now I have mysql, mysqli, mysqlnd and pdo_mysql once again ...
>
> but I'm now getting
>
> #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's
> socket is not correctly configured)
>
> in phpMyAdmin, and other non-connections errors in other scripts
>
> So something else now needs checking/changing.
>

> Mark

Ok, solved it (or at least fixed it)

Looked at
/opt/local/var/db/mysql5/iMac.local.err

and picked up the path shown in
Version: '5.0.85-log'  socket: '/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/
mysqld.sock'  port: 3306  Source distribution

and added   /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock   to the three
socket paths in php.ini for PDO, mysql and mysqli

Now it does connect to the db

Previously those settings in php.ini were empty.

Mark