MacPorts 1.8.0

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 05:16:22 PDT 2009

On 29 Aug 2009, at 12:57, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2009, at 06:49, Mark Hattam wrote:
>
>> but I'm now getting
>>
>> #2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's
>> socket is not correctly configured)
>>
>> in phpMyAdmin, and other non-connections errors in other scripts
>>
>> So something else now needs checking/changing.
>
> Set the path to the mysql socket in your php.ini. See:
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-August/016303.html

Also discovered that mbstring was no longer installed, which was a
little vital as I have utf-8 tables and collations etc.

sudo port install php5-mbstring

and I've also put in

sudo port install php5-calendar
sudo port install php5-curl
sudo port install php5-exif
sudo port install php5-ftp
sudo port install php5-gettext
sudo port install php5-xsl
sudo port install php5-zip

Is there now anything else that needs specifying in php.ini that used
to be OK to leave empty by default?

Mark