Can't build tk +quartz

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 10:21:24 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2009, at 00:28, Charles Day wrote:
>
>  I'm trying to build gtk2 for quartz on Snow Leopard. My variants.conf has
>> +quartz +no_x11. However, one of the dependencies, tk, fails to build.
>> Possibly related to ticket 20779, but my error messages are different.
>>
>> Any idea what I've done wrong, or how to work around this? Is it
>> suspicious that some of these paths have "x11" in them?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Charles
>>
>> $ sudo port install -d tk
>> --->  Computing dependencies for tk
>> --->  Fetching tk
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for tk
>> --->  Extracting tk
>> --->  Configuring tk
>> --->  Building tk
>> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd
>> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_tk/work/tk8.5.6/unix"
>> && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
>> Command output:
>> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_tk/work/tk8.5.6/unix/../macosx/tkMacOSXButton.c:1033:
>> warning: implicit declaration of function 'ShowControl'
>>

> This is not the first error message; we need to see the first error
> message. Try cleaning tk and installing it again, this time with the debug
> flag.
>
> sudo port clean tk
> sudo port -d install tk 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/tk.txt
>
> Then attach tk.txt from your desktop to your reply email.

Ah, so I made the probably all too common mistake of doing "port install -d"
instead of "port -d install". In that case, my output is exactly the same as
attached to ticket #20779, so I won't attach it here. I don't suppose there
is any known workaround? If I can't build tk, then I can't build gtk2, so I
can't build GnuCash. (The quartz variants, anyway.)

Cheers,
Charles