Leopard 10.5.8, Macports problem?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 31 04:17:55 PDT 2009

On Aug 30, 2009, at 21:10, Ralph Pass wrote:

> Start point with macports (after port uninstall installed)
> No ports are installed.
>
> sudo port install cairo

[snip]

> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Registry error: xorg-
> renderproto 0.11_0 not registered as installed.
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: xrender xorg-
> renderproto

Curious. xrender declares a dependency on xorg-renderproto. So at this
point, MacPorts should have tried to build xorg-renderproto. I don't
know why it is trying to skip everything up through the install phase
and skip right to the activate phase. Try cleaning xorg-renderproto
and try again?

sudo port clean xorg-renderproto
sudo port install cairo