gmp failed build

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Aug 31 04:52:21 PDT 2009

> Hm, ok, looks like it's just more of the same.
>
>>     The system is PPC Tiger (10.4.11).
>
> I'm sure I've installed gmp on Tiger PPC, so I suppose gmp must not
> like the -arch flag that MacPorts 1.8.0 now adds. I can try to
> reproduce the problem on my Tiger PPC Mac later today. You may want to
> file a ticket already.

I'm also seeing this on tiger ppc and it has been reported on trac
against the older occurance of the same problem (#18755).

As the error logs show the problem is the lack of the compile flag
-force_cpusubtype_ALL.

I think you're right that the assertion of -arch is breaking the trick
that was used previously to get this flag included.  See comments in the
port for what was done previously.