Installing asterisk 1.6.1.1 in snow leopard

Husam Senussi husam at senussi.com
Mon Aug 31 13:54:58 PDT 2009

On 31 Aug 2009, at 18:49, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:46, Husam Senussi wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install asterisk wit macport  but for some reason the
>> build get stuck on compiling chan_sip,c,  it's  been half an hour
>> and the compile
>> still trying to build chan_sip.o.
>>

>> Other files with smiler size didn't take that long.
>>
>> Just want to see if some one seen this before,
>
> I'm on Snow Leopard too, and if I turn off parallel building (sudo
> port -d install asterisk build.jobs=1) I see the same thing.
> Updating to 1.6.1.5 fixes this.
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20967
>

> If I leave parallel building on (with 3 jobs) it hangs at
>
>   [LD] app_voicemail.o -> app_voicemail.so
>
> But if I scroll up in the output, I see
>
>   [CC] src/add.c -> src/add.o
> src/add.c:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64
> instruction set
> src/add.c:1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64
> instruction set
> make[2]: *** [src/add.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [gsm/lib/libgsm.a] Error 2
> make: *** [codecs] Error 2
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>
> Of course, my CPU does support the x86-64 instruction set.
I did manage to compile without  macport

I found if you pass --host=x68_64-darwin to configure it builds
without the above error, I think the problem could because the kernel
running as 32bit so for some "Mac mini done't support 64bot kernel".

> Updating the port to 1.6.1.5 (#20967) does not resolve this.
>
> I see two hits on Google for this:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22CPU+you+selected+does+not+support+x86-64+instruction+set%22+asterisk+%22add.c%22
>
> I filed a ticket for this problem:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20973
>

>> I didn't have the problem when I compiled and old version of
>> asterisk on SL.
>
> If you can find out what old version that was, we could compare the
> old and the new to see what changed to cause the problem.

The old version I manage to compile is 1.6.o but without using macport
and still have to set host when using  configure