Trying to rebuild on 10.6

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 18:54:06 PDT 2009

On 1 Sep 2009, at 02:39, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 20:23, Mark Hattam wrote:
>
>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port uninstall gawk
>> --->  Unable to uninstall gawk 3.1.7_0, the following ports depend
>> on it:
>> --->  	autoconf213
>> Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that
>> depend on gawk first.
>>
>> Ok, what installed autoconf213 ...
>
> php5 did.
>

>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port uninstall autoconf213
>> --->  Deactivating autoconf213 @2.13_1
>> --->  Uninstalling autoconf213 @2.13_1
>>
>> apparently nothing, so presumably left over from something else ...
>> so ...
>>
>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port uninstall gawk
>> --->  Deactivating gawk @3.1.7_0
>> --->  Uninstalling gawk @3.1.7_0
>>
>> hope nothing's broken now.
>
> Should be no problem. php5 only uses autoconf213 at build time, not
> at runtime.

Thanks, Ryan !

Yep, that's fine. Everything still works for php5 after a reboot.

Also found a few more apparently "orphaned" installed items, which
have now bitten the dust.
  autoconf @2.64_2 (active)
  automake @1.11_0 (active)
  gmake @3.81_0 (active)
  gperf @3.0.4_0 (active)
  m4 @1.4.13_0 (active)

If they're needed by the building of something, I'm sure they'll
reappear again when required.

Mark