Mac Kile with KDE4

Nicolas Pavillon nicos_pavlov at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 5 12:27:42 PST 2009

Hello,

I don't have the same TeX distribution (I am using MacTeX package), but I ran into the same issue before. The problem is that Apple application bundles do not load the $PATH variable. I may be wrong, but for what I searched before, the way to get paths loaded for each application seems broken, even though I did not search again since snow leopard release.

I found two ways to solve the problem:
1. Launch Kile from the terminal (something like  /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile in my case). The $PATH will be loaded since you started the application from Terminal.
2. Use a utility such as Environment Variables (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/environmentvariablepreferencepane.html) to set the $PATH globally for each applications. In this case, launching Kile from Finder will work.

You can also check if everything is alright in Kile by using the Settings->System Check... utility.

Cheers,

Nicolas