Mac Kile with KDE4

Nicolas Pavillon nicos_pavlov at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 5 12:50:07 PST 2009

On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:42 PM, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> On 05.12.2009, at 21:27, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
>
>> I don't have the same TeX distribution (I am using MacTeX package), but I ran into the same issue before. The problem is that Apple application bundles do not load the $PATH variable. I may be wrong, but for what I searched before, the way to get paths loaded for each application seems broken, even though I did not search again since snow leopard release.
>
> Doesn’t it work to set PATH in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist?

That's exactly what the utility I am proposing below is doing, in fact. The problem is that this sets the $PATH variable for the whole system, while it is supposed to be possible to set environment variables specifically for each application through the Info.plist in the bundle.
However, this is broken for what I searched.