Dependency problem while install p5-gd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 8 23:43:22 PST 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 01:27, Woody Lin wrote:

> I tried to copy libintl.h to /usr/local/include.
>
> So, my commands were:
>
> >cp -r /opt/local/include /usr/local/include

You should remove that file again. As I said, it is not supported to have anything in /usr/local while using MacPorts.

> >sudo port -d install p5-locale-gettext 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/p5-locale-gettext.txt
>
> The error message turned to be missing destroot
>

> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or directory

Actually, a missing file or directory, encountered in code executed in the post-destroot phase of the perl5 portgroup, where it tries to make a change in the .packlist file every perl module installs.

This message in your output gives me the first clue of the cause of the problem:

> Writing /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_perl_p5-locale-gettext/work/destroot/Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Locale/gettext/.packlist

Somehow it has found Perl 5.10 on your network, and decided it should install the module there, instead of locally on your machine within your MacPorts installation. Thus the post-destroot code, which tries to look at every item in ${destroot}${perl5.lib} fails, because that directory never got created.

I don't know how this occurred or how to stop it, short of getting off the network.