qt4-mac does not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 11 03:16:34 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 04:56, Jürgen Starek wrote:

> I'm rather new to the MacPorts project and still not too sure about efficient troubleshooting in that environment. So I thought I'd ask about the following error first before reporting a bug:
>
> --->  Building qt4-mac
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_qt4-mac/work/qt-mac-opensource-src-4.5.3" && /usr/bin/make -j2 first " returned error 2
> Command output: /usr/bin/make -f Makefile.Debug all
> /usr/bin/make -f Makefile.Release all
>
> <snipped g++-calls for MainThreadQt.cpp and GCController.cpp>
>
> In file included from generated/JSDOMWindow.h:25,
>                 from bindings/js/GCController.cpp:29:
> page/DOMWindow.h:281: error: field 'm_url' has incomplete type
> page/DOMWindow.h: In member function 'void WebCore::DOMWindow::setURL(const WebCore::KURL&)':
> page/DOMWindow.h:80: error: 'm_url' was not declared in this scope
> page/DOMWindow.h: In member function 'WebCore::KURL WebCore::DOMWindow::url() const':
> page/DOMWindow.h:81: error: return type 'struct WebCore::KURL' is incomplete
> page/DOMWindow.h:81: error: 'm_url' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [.obj/release-shared/GCController.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [release-all] Error 2
>
> <snipped output from unfinished jobs>
>

> What do you think about that?

Sounds like this ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20199

That ticket describes two qt4-mac conflicts, one with libevent which has been resolved, and another which hasn't. The notes say it's a conflict with kdelibs4, but even after deactivating kdelibs4 I was unable to build qt4-mac, so I don't think that's the port causing the conflict.

There are also many other bugs reported against qt4-mac in our issue tracker, and it doesn't build for me on my systems either. If you can help figure out why that is and what we can do about it, it would be appreciated.