qt4-mac does not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 11 12:43:43 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 10:01, Anthony Michael Agelastos wrote:

> Right now, Nokia has Qt to version 4.6.0, which is a stable release. MacPorts has this reflected in qt4-mac-devel, but not in qt4-mac. Should the current qt4-mac become qt4-mac-45, and the current qt4-mac-devel become qt4-mac? It's just a thought, and qt4-mac-devel, at least on my Snow Leopard machine, builds.

No, qt4-mac should be updated to 4.6.0, and qt4-mac-devel can be updated to the next development version, whenever that's available. It's possible we may internally decide to delete the existing qt4-mac port and "svn copy" qt4-mac-devel to qt4-mac and fix it up, in order to update it. But I don't think we want to create a qt4-mac-45 at this time. One can be created later if it turns out to be needed.

There is already a ticket requesting qt4-mac be updated, but when I asked on macports-dev about this, I was told there were some issues that were still being resolved, and that we wanted to wait for 4.6.1.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/22743