qt4-x11 does not install.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 11 21:58:52 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 23:39, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> 	Trying to install qt4-x11 on a PPC platform running MacOS 10.5.8 resulted in the following error:

> bindings/js/JSPluginCustom.cpp: In static member function 'static bool WebCore::JSPlugin::canGetItemsForName(KJS::ExecState*, WebCore::Plugin*, const KJS::Identifier&)':
> bindings/js/JSPluginCustom.cpp:31: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct WebCore::Plugin'
> generated/JSPlugin.h:28: error: forward declaration of 'struct WebCore::Plugin'
> bindings/js/JSPluginCustom.cpp: In static member function 'static KJS::JSValue* WebCore::JSPlugin::nameGetter(KJS::ExecState*, KJS::JSObject*, const KJS::Identifier&, const KJS::PropertySlot&)':
> bindings/js/JSPluginCustom.cpp:37: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct WebCore::Plugin'
> generated/JSPlugin.h:28: error: forward declaration of 'struct WebCore::Plugin'

I see this reported here (with no response):

http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt4-preview-feedback/2008-August/000034.html

And here (response says the problem is caused by mysql's plugin.h and suggests that the include can be removed from webkit somewhere to fix it):

http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2009-November/015969.html

Really, qt4-x11 is woefully out of date and should be updated. Not sure if that will fix it but there's a ticket for the update request:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20986

It's still possible all the issues affecting qt4-mac right now will also affect qt4-x11. See the issue tracker if you're interested.