GNUStep ProjectCenter and ProjectManager

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Dec 12 00:30:17 PST 2009

On Dec 12, 2009, at 02:21, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> 	I did a web search on gnustep projectmanager and wove my way to:
>
> 		http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-changes/2007-July/007303.html
>
> which indicated that someone named yves was the macports maintainer.  The last date on that was 2 July 2007.

Yves de Champlain dropped maintainership of his gnustep ports on 19 July 2007.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/27115

> The homepage proved useless as well in that had not been updated since 2006.
>
> 	What I did was trace my way through the code and added the line:
>
> 		#import <AppKit/NSAttributedString,h>
>
> to:
>
> 		EditorRulerView.m
>
> and retried the build only to hit the following error:

[snip]

> 	Apparently, this module was ported without being finished.

Perhaps the port worked at the time it was abandoned, but operating systems change, and software that doesn't change with it experiences "bitrot".

In any case, you're welcome to file issues in the issue tracker for this and any other ports you find that do not work, but for ports like this one that do not have anyone looking after them, you may have to do the legwork of figuring out how to fix them yourself. Once you figure it out, please add that information to the ticket so the port can be fixed.